The Konnected Alarm Panel Pro software stack runs on the ESP32 microcontroller on the board and is updated regularly by the Konnected team. There are two "layers" to the Konnected stack: a firmware and an application layer.
Alarm Panel Pro firmware is the underlying operating system that runs on the chip, built from the NodeMCU Lua open-source project. Konnected distributes firmware builds optimized for the Alarm Panel Pro and versioned with our own version numbering system.
The Alarm Panel Pro application layer is developed and maintained by the Konnected team, and is not open-source. However, the application is freely distributed here and via the Konnected app.
Current Release: February 16, 2021
- Fully remove Rollbar library
- Additional log messages when REST connection timeout
February 14, 2021
- Firmware stability improvements.
- Fixes crashes related to ds18b20 sensor reporting
- More lenient ssdp string parsing
- Fix log severity reporting for firmware errors
- Disable Rollbar reporting temporarily to avoid double exception causing wedged device
December 22, 2020
- Force use of Google's DNS servers (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) when connecting to AWS IoT. This fixes a DNS issue with some customers using Comcast/Xfinity routers.
- Prevent crashes/reboots when certain settings are misconfigured.
- Send crash reports to Konnected's error reporting service (Rollbar) for analysis
November 4, 2020
- Various bug fixes for edge cases causing crashes/reboots
- Enhance console logging
- Adds capability to lock/unlock settings to prevent unauthorized changes (feature coming soon in Konnected mobile app)