Konnected for SmartThings was originally installed via the SmartThings Groovy IDE using our open-source SmartApps and Device Handlers. SmartThings is retiring the SmartThings Classic app and Groovy IDE soon (read more), so this integration method will soon be obsolete.
Konnected has developed the Konnected Cloud, our next-generation cloud platform with direct "one-click" integration with SmartThings. We recommend that all SmartThings users migrate their Konnected devices to Konnected Cloud.
Migrate from the SmartThings (Groovy) integration to Konnected Cloud
- Make sure your Konnected device(s) are on software version 2.3.5 or newer via the Konnected Mobile app. If it's possible, you will be prompted to update over-the-air in the Konnected app. Older devices will need to be re-flashed with a micro-USB cable and computer. Older firmware is indicated by the boards showing up with a yellow-triangle.
- Download the Konnected mobile app to discover and re-configure your Konnected device(s).
- Connect the Cloud to your SmartThing account in the new SmartThings app.
- You will now have duplicate devices for each of your Konnected zones. Test your sensors and sirens in the new SmartThings app. The newly added ones should be responding now when sensors are triggered.
- Delete all of the older sensors and sirens from My Home (in the SmartThings Classic app) that were from the original integration. You will need to do this individually for each sensor. You can also do this from the Devices tab in the SmartThings Groovy IDE.
- Remove the boards from the Konnected SmartApp (in the SmartThings Classic app). After all the boards are removed you can also delete the the Konnected SmartApps and Device handlers completely from the IDE, but it is not required.
- Set up SmartThings Home Monitor in the new SmartThings app using the new devices.
- Set up any necessary automations or scenes in the new SmartThings app using the new devices
Failure to follow the steps 5-6 will result in the boards reverting back to their setup in the SmartApp eventually and will need to be resynced to the Konnected Cloud and SmartThings