The built in switch/relay on the Konnected Alarm board can accommodate a siren up to 1.4A or 15W. (How to wire a siren) When the siren exceeds this specifications or when wires are shorted across the switch it can become fused in an on or off position. When this happens you will not be able to either turn your siren on or off depending on how it's stuck.
To diagnose if you switch is stuck
- Unplug the Konnected board
- Remove the wires from the Alarm +/-
- Remove the wifi card from the Konnected board
- Power the Konnected board without the wifi
- It should power on with only a green light. If there is a red and green light then the switch is fused. And the board will need to be replaced.
The board is warranted up to one year from the date of purchase. And we will replace the board if you shorted the switch. Please send support an email with picture of the board powered, with the wifi removed, and the red light showing.