After you've installed the Noonlight SmartApp and Device Handler open the SmartThings Classic mobile app to set it up.
Noonlight works with both the SmartThings Classic and new SmartThings app, but the initial setup must be done using the SmartThings Classic app.
Set up the Noonlight SmartApp
- Open the SmartThings Classic app and go to Automation -> SmartApps, then and tap Add a SmartApp.
- Scroll all the way down to My Apps
- Find the Noonlight app in the list and tap it. If you do not have My Apps or Noonlight in the list of apps, go back to install the Noonlight SmartApp and Device Handler.
- Tap Connect Noonlight
- Complete the Noonlight sign up flow by entering your phone number, name, email address and PIN. Important: Choose a PIN that you can easily remember! You will need this to cancel false alarms.
- Tap back or Done after completing sign up (depending on your mobile platform you may not see a Done button).
- Select which devices Noonlight dispatchers should receive information about when an alarm is triggered. We recommend selecting all of your security and safety devices. Noonlight will only receive device information when in an active alarm.
- Tap on Tap to check your location setting. This will open in Google Maps and show your estimated home address based on your location setting. Make a note if this address is correct. If it's not correct, we'll fix it in the next step. Tap back.
- Tap Save to complete the SmartApp setup. This adds the Noonlight switch to your SmartThings devices.