Connecting to the Garage Door
- Find the switched outputs for the garage door opener. On most older openers they are labelled 1 & 2. If you want to test if they are the correct wires - attach a wire each contact. Briefly touch the wires together. This should start the garage door movement. If you already have a hardwired switch they will be the ones connected to it.
- Unplug the garage door (It moving while you are on a ladder installing doesn't go well. Trust me!)
- Connect a wire to each of the terminals on the garage door that you identified on Step 1.
- Connect the other end of the wires to the contacts on relay. One goes in the COM (Center) and the other in the NO (indicated by broken lines)
- Connect the open/close sensors to a zone # and G
- Secure the opener to the ceiling or other wall.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure all your wires are secured and out of the way of the garage door drive
- Plug your garage door back / Plug in your Konnected board
- Test using SmartThings
- If you have set everything up correctly you should be able to see the status of the garage door (open/close)
- If you push the opener it should activate the garage door motor
- If you push the light or buzzer they should both work
Next Step: Putting it together via a SmartApp