Many legacy alarm system included a pleasant door chime to let you know when doors were opened. When you transition to Konnected there are several options to make this happen.
Use the Buzzer
We have included a Piezo buzzer that can be hooked up and configured via the smart lighting app to sound (any number of times) to indicate a door opening. (Note: be sure to wire it correctly as the pins on the buzzer are not interchangable)
Some folks don’t like the ‘harshness’ of the buzzer. So here are a few other options.
Connect a Chime
There are several chimes that are available that will work with Konnected to provide a more pleasant sounding chime. Some are even configurable with custom sounds.
Use a Tablet
You can use a combination of software, virtual devices, and Smartapps to create not only a chime but other alerts as well. Here are the steps
- Install LANnouncer on your android tablet
- Create a virtual device in ST for LANnouncer. After this is set up you can test to make sure you have it configured correctly.
- Install BigTalker2 SmartApp. This is a text-to-speech app that can be used for a variety of announcements. (Be sure to make your virtual device the ‘speaker’)
- Create rule in Bigtalker2 for the chime to play when your door is open. You can use the default chime by inserting - @#ALARM=CHIME - in the "what to say" field when a door is opened field. Also be sure to leave ‘personality’ off (It’s off by default).
- If it’s not loud enough for you can also connect a bluetooth speaker to the tablet to play sounds and alerts.
We have noticed there can be delay in announcements. Usually they are only a second or two. If they stop all together, try going into LANnouncer on the tablet. Stopping and then restarting the service.
Note: Konnected is not affiliated with LANnouncer or BigTalker2. If you have an issue with their software please contact their respective support channels.