Konnected comes with a number of Groovy device handlers for SmartThings that support the capabilities of the various things you can attach to a Konnected board:
- Contact Sensor
- Motion Sensor
- Siren/Strobe (Alarm)
- Smoke Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Panic Button
- Momentary Switch
- Beep/Blink Switch
- Water Leak Sensor
- Temperature & Humidity Sensor (DHT)
You only need to install the device handlers that you plan on using, but it doesn't hurt to install them all anyway.
Device Handlers can be installed automatically using GitHub integration, or manually by copy-and-pasting the Device Handler code into SmartThings IDE. Both methods are detailed below:
Install the Device Handlers with GitHub
- In the SmartThings IDE for your location, go to My Device Handlers
Make sure that the URL in your address bar is on regional SmartThings server, for example:
graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com, where the first part varies. If it's not, go to My Locations and click on your location to be redirected to your regional server.
- Click Update From Repo and choose the konnected-security repository
- Check the checkbox next to each Konnected Device Handler to import
- Check Publish
- Click Execute Update.
Install the Device Handlers Manually
If you've already installed the Device Handlers with GitHub, you can skip this section.
- Go to My Device Handlers and click Create New Device Handler.
- Click on the From Code tab on the Create New Device Handler screen.
- Click here for the Device Handler source code on GitHub.
- Click on a Device Handler source code .groovy file. Then click the Raw button in GitHub to show the raw source.
- Copy and paste the raw source device handler code into the SmartThings IDE Code editor.
- Save and publish the new Device Handler.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each Device Handler that you need to install.