SmartApps are installed on the SmartThings platform and allow devices like Konnected to communicate with your SmartThings instance. Konnected requires two SmartApps: the Konnected (Connect) app and its child app, Konnected Service Manager.
If you cannot use the SmartThings GitHub integration, see Installing the Konnected SmartApps Manually
- Go to My SmartApps in the SmartThings IDE.
Make sure that the URL in your address bar is on regional SmartThings server, for example:
graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com, where the first part varies. If it's not, go to My Locations and click on your location to be redirected to your regional server.
- Click Update From Repo and choose the konnected-security repository.
- Select both the konnected-connect.groovy and konnected-service-manager.groovy files in the New column in the interface that pops up.
- Click Execute
- Now we will publish the Konnected (Connect) app. Click on the konnected-io : Konnected (Connect) app that was just added to My SmartApps
- Click Publish and then select For Me
- Next, click the Edit icon next to the Konnected Service Manager SmartApp
- Scroll down to the OAuth section in the SmartApp settings and click the button Enable OAuth in SmartApp.
- You don't need to enter anything into the fields that show up. Just make sure to click the blue Update button.