GitHub is a source code repository that allows developers to share their code. Konnected, as well as many other SmartThings developers, make their custom integrations available on GitHub. The easiest way to install the SmartApp and Device Handlers for Konnected is using the SmartThings GitHub integration. For this step, you need a GitHub account (it's free). If you don't want to use GitHub integration to install the SmartThings code, you can still copy and paste it manually into your SmartThings IDE.
U.S. Users Only
SmartThings GitHub integration may only be available to users in the United States. If you can't use the GitHub integration, try the manual copy & paste method.
- Sign up for a GitHub account if you don't already have one.
- Sign in to the SmartThings IDE at http://graph.api.smartthings.com
- Go to My Locations and click on your location. This ensures you're on the right SmartThings server shard for your hub.
The URL in your address bar should change to a regional SmartThings server, for example:
graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com, where the first part varies depending on your region. Do not skip this step!
- Go to My SmartApps and click the Enable GitHub Integration link.
- You will now be presented with a GitHub page to authorize SmartThings to access your GitHub account. Click the Authorize button to be redirected back to SmartThings.
- SmartThings may prompt you to fork the SmartThingsPublic repository. You can skip this step! It's not necessary.
- Go back to My SmartApps from the top navigation bar.
- Click the Settings button. The GitHub Repository Integration modal should appear.
- Click Add new repository and enter: Owner: konnected-io; Name: konnected-security; Branch: stable
- Click Save