Homebridge- Contact Sensors

I have the Konnected plugin version 1.3.1.  I have the following problems:

1. I’m testing two zones on a brand new Alarm Pro Conversion board with a couple of contact sensors. Temporarily, I set up a 10 sec Exit delay and a 10 sec Entrance delay.  After the buzzer does the countdown and the system is armed, if I pull the magnet away to simulate an open window, the sensor DOESN'T trigger the countdown to activate the alarm siren.  But if I just pull the magnet away momentarily and put it back, then it DOES trigger the countdown to activate the alarm siren.  I also tested this with a jumper wire with alligator clips and had the same results.  
  2. I armed the system for AWAY and did the above same procedure BEFORE the EXIT delay was finished.  The Entrance countdown was triggered and the siren sounded.  I don’t want that to happen.  I want to be able to open a door and exit before the alarm system is fully armed.
I tried configuring the zones for a motion sensor and glass-break sensor and got the same results.  I also tried configuring the zones for a generic switch and absolutely nothing happens.  If I short the terminals, I don't see a state change.

Help!!!!