First milestone in installation complete

This is my second install. I'm in the middle of a major house remodel and had access to framing so I'm installing sensors . . . EVERYWHERE.  Between the security, the low voltage for future window coverings, and all the ethernet (I used to do installs if anyone has any questions) I've run well over 5000 feet in a 2000sf house.

Things I've learned:

• The ceiling PIR while it works, it has a very loud audible click that I found too annoying to keep using the device.
  • Temperature and moisture sensors only need ONE ground. Since they're attached to 5v+/- they don't need the common ground from the binary input.
  • I hacked a one port ethernet face plate to hold the temp sensor. It works, but there's got to be better ways of mounting these things.
  • always label as you go.
  • if you care about neatness, it is easier to run the wires into the box a little long, trim them to the same length taking into account how much service loop you want to keep AND THEN pull them up into the wall.
  • If you are terrible at dupont connectors like I am. Just buy the dupont prewired from amazon. only problem is the actual wire is very thin and harder to work with: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0789F523N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  • I don't know if this was a good idea, but I used a power splitter to connect my many 5V and 12V connections. LABEL THE BARREL MALE AND FEMALE WITH THE VOLTAGE.  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VPVC1H1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  • If you are going to zip tie, don't cinch them down tight, and use reusable ties. I drilled out the holes in my leviton box so I could run the zipties through.
  • Magnets are your friend
  • I was labeling with my ptouch and then using clear shrinkwrap. It looked good and was very durable but a few problems.  1) the shrink wrap was very rigid, you can't bend it wire there at all.  2) if you goof, you cannot remove it.  I ended up just using small pieces of clear packing tape. Its faster, cheaper, and removable if you mess up.
  • It might be me, but initial install I find it much easier to use the wifi connection for the boards. But I much prefer the reliability of hardwired connections.