Can I use a wired keypad without the old alarm panel?

Hello,

Trying to find information about replacing (not retrofitting) an old alarm system with Konnected.  The end goal is to have only Konnected boards, and be able to arm/disarm the alarms with a keypad.

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding information on this.  All the wiring diagrams I've seen use the old alarm panel to interface with the keypad.

I have the Konnected Alarm Panel Add-on v2, and Konnected Alarm Panel interface kit v2.1.

Is wiring a keypad directly to one of the Konnected boards possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thank you.

1 Like

Just a user, but all the material and videos I have seen state support for old keypads are not supported. But repurposing a tablet is one option cited in the docs.

1 Like

If you are only using the Konnected Alarm panel, then you will need to use the SmartThings App on either your phone or any tablet (Amazon Fire, Ipad, etc) to alarm and dis-arm the Konnected alarm. see attached screen shots. It works better than my old alarm panel. It will send you email and text messages if it is activated.