NetworX (DAS) NX-4, how to connect alarm trigger for remote notification?

I have successfully connected up the Konnected board to the 4 zones of my existing old NX-4, and can see the zone status change in SmartThings as I walk around the house. Cool!

Now, it would be great to be alerted if an alarm goes off. The NX-4 does not seem to have a dedicated alarm output pin to hook up to, however it has auxiliary outputs that are used to drive the siren and the strobe.

Could I use the siren or alarm outputs for alarm triggering via the Konnected interface?

The alarm system install manual attached, page 36/37 has board details if anyone would like a look

Hi,

1. Can you list what products did you buy to connect NX-4 to work alongside konnected?
  2. Do you need to just order the https://konnected.io/collections/shop-now/products/konnected-alarm-panel-interface-kit and connect the zones and that's it?
  3. Do you need to do some programming on the NX-4 keypad?
  4. Can you arm and disarm via konnecteed?
  5. For your issue, there is this post https://help.konnected.io/support/discussions/topics/32000002526 can help you I think

Hi,

Can you tell what did you to connect NX4 to work alongside konnected?

what board did you buy and did you need programming on the NX4 keypad?

Can you arm and disarm the NX4 with konnected?

test

Hi Elvind

I'm trying to get the same to work with my NX-8

The AUX outputs you are referring to are programmable - you can program/assign what those terminals show (armed, ready, fire alarm, etc.)

- It will require you to change some programming of the panel

- See page 29 and 30 for information on what to change

HOWEVER - I am learning the AUX outputs are the reverse signal of the zones and Konnected cannot read them the same way.

A Zone output signal is OV to +12V; 

An Aux Output signal is OV to -12V -

Konnected is built to look for a positive voltage change in the Zones, so it cannot "see" the negative voltage readings in the AUX outputs

(KONNECTED SUPPORT - please weigh in here if this is incorrect)

If anyone has been able to get Konnected to read the Interlogix Networkx AUX ports, we would really appreciate your advice here.

Elvind - one correction, looks like the NX-4 AUX 1 output is preprogrammed (default settings are listed in BOLD) to signal for 10 seconds if the burglary alarm is triggered.

I'm fairly certain though, Konnected will not be able to read the AUX output correctly because the signal is negative voltage.  (you won't be able to dial in the potentiometer so that it changes when connected to the AUX output)

UPDATE -  AUX Outputs on Interlogix GE Networx NX-8V DOES work

I spent hours troubleshooting and experimenting with settings needed.

To save you time, I am writing down my configuration as an example you can copy.

NOTE - you do not need EOL resistors on the AUX outputs for Konnected to read them.  Attach one jumper wire per Konnected Zone to one of the AUX outputs.  You do not need to create a loop or attach a resistor from the AUX terminal to any other terminal of the NX-8V panel !!

The programming locations and values listed below ARE SPECIFIC TO THE NX-8.

- If you have an NX-4 or 6 - DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MANUAL. 

- programming locations and options available in the 4,6 and 8 models are NOT identical

See pages 37-40 in the NX-8V2 programming manual ( pages 41-44 of the pdf file)

https://static.interlogix.com/library/I-NX8V2-IM%20REV%20H%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

LOCATION 45:  Auxiliary Output Partition Selection;

4 segments

Each Segment controls an AUX output; 

Segment 1 for AUX 1, Segment 2 for AUX 2, etc

Default for each segment lists ALL 8 partitions  ("ON")

I don't know if it helped but my final setting ONLY included partition 1 for all 4 segments

- residential alarms generally do not use multiple partitions

- they control everything in Partition 1.)

-  it was the only option i had remaining in my final setting
              (all four segments only had "1" showing)

LOCATION 46:  Auxiliary Outputs Special Timing

4 Segments - as above, each segment controls 1 AUX output

Turn OFF ALL OPTIONS;  your system will have defaults set up (combinations of 2,3,6

This was the single most confusing and troublesome setting for me....

Option 2 for latching introduced all sorts of strange output behavior

You may want to choose option 6 for signal inverting
              (all four segments only had "6" showing)

Location 47-50:

Each contains 2 segments

Segment 1 = Event # to trigger the AUX output

Segment 2 = Timing for the output

Location 47 = AUX 1, 

Location 48 = AUX 2,

Location 49 = AUX 3, 

Location 50 = AUX 4

Use Table 8 in the manual to pick which events you would like to monitor

Use 0 for the event timing to make the output last as long as the event

My final settings were (in order): 

Location 47 = 23,0  (Show me when the alarm panel Ready LED is lighted)

Location 48 = 21,0  (Show me when the alarm panel Armed LED is lighted)

Location 49 = 0,0   (Show me when a Burglary Alarm has been triggered)

Location 50 = 1,0  (Show me when a Fire Alarm has been triggered)

RECOMMENDED

- Set up every AUX to first show when the alarm panel is armed.

(program locations 47-50 to all be  21,0)

- you can then adjust the Konnected potentiometers to turn on/off their panel LED light by arming/disarming the alarm.  once you have it adjusted so all 4 LEDS go on/off correctly, you can then reprogram the locations to the outputs you want...much faster than having to trigger alarms, listen to blaring sirens, arming and opening/closing doors to set each LED separately.

If you have  not yet learned how to program your NX-8V
   - I highly recommend watching the YouTube videos
       Alarm System Store has a really good one on programming commands and steps
       Their website have simplified tutorials with step-by-step instructions on simple changes like renaming zones, enrolling new sensors, etc
    - Start with programming easy stuff like new codes, changing zone names using their tutorials
       This will get you comfortable and confident of the programming process. 
    - Keep cheat sheets with you
    - Write out the steps out on paper of any new programming first
        - it's easier to follow the steps on the alarm keypad vs. trying to remember all the number combinations needed.

Always keep the STOP programming steps at the top of the paper
       (pressing EXIT twice will stop the programming at almost any step of the process
         - you can do this if you get lost, confused or are missing steps)

UPDATE -  AUX Outputs on Interlogix GE Networx NX-8V DOES work

I spent hours troubleshooting and experimenting with settings needed.

To save you time, I am writing down my configuration as an example you can copy.

NOTE - you do not need EOL resistors on the AUX outputs for Konnected to read them.  Attach one jumper wire per Konnected Zone to one of the AUX outputs.  You do not need to create a loop or attach a resistor from the AUX terminal to any other terminal of the NX-8V panel !!

The programming locations and values listed below ARE SPECIFIC TO THE NX-8.

- If you have an NX-4 or 6 - DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MANUAL. 

- programming locations and options available in the 4,6 and 8 models are NOT identical

See pages 37-40 in the NX-8V2 programming manual ( pages 41-44 of the pdf file)

https://static.interlogix.com/library/I-NX8V2-IM%20REV%20H%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

LOCATION 45:  Auxiliary Output Partition Selection;

4 segments

Each Segment controls an AUX output; 

Segment 1 for AUX 1, Segment 2 for AUX 2, etc

Default for each segment lists ALL 8 partitions  ("ON")

I don't know if it helped but my final setting ONLY included partition 1 for all 4 segments

- residential alarms generally do not use multiple partitions

- they control everything in Partition 1.)

(all four segments only had "1" showing)

LOCATION 46:  Auxiliary Outputs Special Timing

4 Segments - as above, each segment controls 1 AUX output

Turn OFF ALL OPTIONS;  your system will have defaults set up (combinations of 2,3,6

This was the single most confusing and troublesome setting for me....

Option 2 for latching introduced all sorts of strange output behavior

You may want to choose option 6 for signal inverting
              (all four segments only had "6" showing)

Location 47-50:

Each contains 2 segments

Segment 1 = Event # to trigger the AUX output

Segment 2 = Timing for the output

Location 47 = AUX 1, 

Location 48 = AUX 2,

Location 49 = AUX 3, 

Location 50 = AUX 4

Use Table 8 in the manual to pick which events you would like to monitor

Use 0 for the event timing to make the output last as long as the event

My final settings were (in order): 

Location 47 = 23,0  (Show me when the alarm panel Ready LED is lighted)

Location 48 = 21,0  (Show me when the alarm panel Armed LED is lighted)

Location 49 = 0,0   (Show me when a Burglary Alarm has been triggered)

Location 50 = 1,0  (Show me when a Fire Alarm has been triggered)

RECOMMENDED

- Set up every AUX to first show when the alarm panel is armed.

(program locations 47-50 to all be  21,0)

- you can then adjust the Konnected potentiometers to turn on/off their panel LED light by arming/disarming the alarm.  once you have it adjusted so all 4 LEDS go on/off correctly, you can then reprogram the locations to the outputs you want...much faster than having to trigger alarms, listen to blaring sirens, arming and opening/closing doors to set each LED separately.

If you have  not yet learned how to program your NX-8V
   - I highly recommend watching the YouTube videos
       Alarm System Store has a really good one on programming commands and steps
       Their website have simplified tutorials with step-by-step instructions on simple changes like renaming zones, enrolling new sensors, etc
    - Start with programming easy stuff like new codes, changing zone names using their tutorials
       This will get you comfortable and confident of the programming process. 
    - Keep cheat sheets with you
    - Write out the steps out on paper of any new programming first
        - it's easier to follow the steps on the alarm keypad vs. trying to remember all the number combinations needed.

Always keep the STOP programming steps at the top of the paper
       (pressing EXIT twice will stop the programming at almost any step of the process
         - you can do this if you get lost, confused or are missing steps)

UPDATE -  IT WORKS!

Spent hours troubleshooting and testing

There is very little on the internet to help with Networx Interlogix AUX output programming, so I've drafted a document with my settings, examples so you can save yourself time by copying/mimicking

same problem