How to Turn OFF 4-Wire Smoke Detector with Sounder

I have multiple System Sensor 4WTA-B I3 Series 4-Wire Photoelectric Smoke Detector w/ Thermal and Sounder throughout the house. The issue I have is once the sounder is initiated, you have to unplug the konnected board to kill the power to the smoke detectors to reset them and make the sounder stop... what are you doing to "systematically/programmatically" reset the smoke detectors without having to unplug the konnected board? I am thinking of a 12V relay to handle this but I would think konnected boards should be smart enough to handle this like a traditional alarm panel with a dedicated "fire" zone.

I managed to handle this with a 5v relay on OUT 2 bridging the positive power from the board to the smoke alarms. I created an automation for if the alarm is triggered and any of the smokes are sensing smoke and the alarm is deactivated then turn on Alarm 2, pause 5 seconds, turn Alarm 2 off. This essentially cuts the power to the smokes then turns them back on which resets the smokes.

You can wire a 4-wire smoke detector to your wired warning device by creating the required hardwired connections. The setup would force associate degree finish of line resistance and a relay module. A 4-wire smoke may be assigned any wired zone, apart from Zone one. It should even be programmed with the panel.A 4-wire smoke detector functions in an exceedingly somewhat distinctive manner compared to alternative hardwired devices. Once a 4-wire smoke activates, the sole thanks to reset it's to drop power thereto device.

For that reason, associate degree external power relay should be used with a 4-wire smoke. reckoning on the facility capabilities of the panel, associate degree external power provide may additionally be needed furthermore. in addition, associate degree applicable resistance should be connected to the last 4-wire smoke detector used for that zone. Remember, multiple 4-wire smokes may be discovered with a similar wired zone. Check out link debt free companies

hey @mods, "johny many" is a spam bot