I have a relatively new Bosch 2000 alarm system that I'd like to add some smart functionality to, while keeping it "independently" functional. The Bosch 2000 is an 8 Zone system, however there are only 4 physical zone inputs - each physical zone input manages 2 zones which are differentiated through the use of different resistors (3K3 for one zone and 6K8 for the other zone).
So, the zone configuration looks as follows:
• Z1 PHYSICAL INPUT = Zone 1 (3K3 Resistor) and Zone 5 (6K8 Resistor)
• Z2 PHYSICAL INPUT = Zone 2 (3K3 Resistor) and Zone 6 (6K8 Resistor)
• Z3 PHYSICAL INPUT = Zone 3 (3K3 Resistor) and Zone 7 (6K8 Resistor)
• Z4 PHYSICAL INPUT = Zone 4 (3K3 Resistor) and Zone 8 (6K8 Resistor)
I am currently using 5 of the allocated Zones:
• Zone 1 = Front Door sensor
• Zone 2 to 5 = PIR motion sensors
• Zone 8 = External siren box tamper sensor
I'm considering buying a 12 Zone interface kit because I'd like to be able to (i) monitor each of the zones sensors and use their state to trigger home automations (in Home Assistant), (ii) monitor alarm state (on/off) and (iii) arm/disarm the system remotely, (iv) receive alerts if the alarm is going off.
I've tried to read as much as I can, but I'm still unsure of several things, namely:
1. Can the Konnected interface kit handle the shared/split Zone arrangement of the Bosch alarm systems?
2. Can I independently monitor the state of 2 Zone sensors connected to the one physical zone input terminal?
Any advice or information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.