Here's another update on Konnected's plugin for Homebridge.
This beta release is an upgrade from the alpha stage and with continued work that orchestrates the registration of V1/V2 and Pro Konnected zones to HomeKit accessories.
- Sensor support all available sensors provided by Konnected currently.
- Actuators, both stateful and momentary.
- Ability to remove, rename, add, and update zones as needed.
- Hints and Config UI X interface updates to make it easier to provision panels.
- Upon Homebridge startup, the state of a sensor or switch is defaulted to 0 or false (closed state for most sensors or a temperature/humidity value of 0, and actuator states of 0). Don't be alarmed! (pun intended ;-)) Closing the Home app on your iPhone/iPad and re-opening it will trigger an update for active states as they are updated by the Konnected alarm panel.
- HOOBS functionality is spotty and still UNSUPPORTED. While the plugin appears to work in HOOBS, the configuration is a painful process. Fortunately we've been in touch with the developers working on the HOOBS web interface. They are planning to release a major version with new functionality and have incorporated our feedback on the configuration UI aspect. If you are a HOOBS user, keep an eye out for a release in the future which should have some parity with the configuration UI similar to what Homebridge users experience using the Config UI X plugin.
Things on the roadmap that are being worked on:
- A proper alarm switch and controller in HomeKit.
- Research into providing Home/Stay/Night modes and selecting zones that are active in each (E.g., only perimeter sensors trigger at night).
- Ability to invert the sensor state for sensors that operate inversely.
- Noonlight integration for 24/7 smart home monitoring.
For detailed information, please refer to the following links for details: