Is this Alarm System Compatible?

Hi, just discovered Konnected and wonder if my system is compatible? I believe it is one of the Texecom Veritas SKUs but the board doesn't quite match the one shown in a manual I found at https://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/INS045-13_(Veritas_R8+_Install)_2.pdf

I'm in the UK and the alarm was installed in 2003 (before I moved in). I have attached a picture of the board.

It looks like the Aux voltage it supplies is 13.7v rather than 12v, will this be  a problem?

Does anyone have any tips for this make?

Thanks!

To anyone else who may come across this post - it appears that it is a problem. I was unable to power the Alarm Panel from the "13.7v" Aux supply.

Hi Jason!

Also in the Uk and I have the Veritas R8!! Funnily enough just received my Konnected interface kit and installed today! Also had the problem with weak Potentiometers!!!

I have got motion sensors and key switch all working to set and unset remotely but at the moment trying to figure out monitoring of alarm state and set status.

As I have the R8 not the R8+ I am trying to use the programmable output (SW+ On my panel) for set status and also the bell output for alarm status. Have you had any luck?

Andy

Hi both, I also have a Veritas R8 did you manage to get your systems working? I am looking to purchase and would like your views on it.

thanks Jonathan 

Hi Jonathan,

Yes pretty much there now. I have all sensors showing in SmartThings, key switch to arm and disarm remotely via the included relay (needs to be set as a switch not momentary switch), I also have alarm status monitoring by using the R8 SW+ pin out set to option 1 (set positive).

My final test is using the R8 Bell pin out to monitor if the alarm triggers or not. I am yet to see if this works properly but will let you know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy

thanks for the response, did you mange to power the Konnected from the R8 board, I have had issues with my Veritas bell so currently swapping it and now want to have the smarter system and if possible link it to my new summer house in the garden. I would be happy to hear any updates on your system.

Jonathan

Hi Andy, Jonathan, 

Sorry I missed your previous emails - notifications going to Junk :(

Jonathan, I managed to power the Konnected Alarm Panel from Aux output of the Veritas board - no mains power supply needed. I currently have 5 movement and 1 door zone all reporting to SmartThings.  

Something odd on my board at least is that I had to set them all so the LEDs on the interface board were just off rather than just on and select the "Inverse" option for each in the Konnected app. I don't know if that if that is a Veritas thing or just the way my zones have been setup.

Andy

I found that using a very small thin/sharp flat head screw driver was the trick to getting the pots. to turn again.

You're lucky to get the Keyswitch configured. I don't have the Engineer code to reprogram a zone for this and no idea who to contact to get it. So I've given up on this bit for now.

The SW+ output reporting armed state is interesting though. Did you have to program this or is it already set to do that by default?  

Hi Jason, 

No I didn't have to inverse my sensors, I used the left hand pin for each sensor on the board?

Yes I have engineering code (mine was just the default one), and I had to program the key switch zone and also the SW+ output!!

Andy

Hi Andy,

Well done, thank you for sharing your success story! 
How did you manage to "arm and disarm remotely via the included relay"? I can't find any manual.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max! 

I used this guide but without a resistor and also using a normal “switch” instead of a momentary switch - https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000028765-wiring-a-keyswitch-with-relay-module

And these pages from the Veritas Manual  for Keyswitch programming

Thanks Max! 

I used this guide but without a resistor and also using a normal “switch” instead of a momentary switch - https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000028765-wiring-a-keyswitch-with-relay-module

And page 22 of the Veritas programming manual to program the key switch. 

Awesome, thanks!  I've already managed to reprogram one of the Veritas zones to be a keyswitch.  
Unfortunately, I can't acivate PART mode alarm, only FULL mode alarm can be activated  by keyswitch.

That’s correct. Veritas alarm only lets you keyswitch full set

Hi folks, has anybody managed to monitor the 'armed' state from the Veritas R8?  

I just need to solve that little problem and then I can focus on sensing if the bell is sounding.

Andy, l desperately need a bit of help here!
Kit all fitted and all sensors showing in SmartThings that’s 3 sensors (which identify movement) and the key switch. But I can’t get the system to act remotely. I think the problem is with the key switch. In your notes you state-

1. got the key switch to arm and disarm remotely via the included relay - needs to be set as a switch not momentary switch - What do you mean by this? According to my Veritas remote panel the momentary switch is off.
  2. I also have alarm status monitoring by using the R8 SW+ pin out set to option 1 (set positive). What’s this?
  3. also using a normal “switch” instead of a momentary switch. Normal switch?
    Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul

1. In the Konnected app when you set the keyswitch up there is an option under zone type to choose a Switch which is ON or OFF rather than a momentary switch which didn’t work for me as its only a “momentary” ON and then OFF again. This was the only difference to Konnecteds own guide for installing a keyswitch on the main website - https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000028765-wiring-a-keyswitch-with-relay-module

2. If you look in the Veritas manual it tells you how to change the output of SW+ With options 1-8 and you need option 1 for the output to work as a positive output. 

Andy, thanks, really appreciate you getting back to me. I’d wired everything as per diagram but getting the Veritas keypad and ST app sorted was the challenge. I’ve now got the key switch on the ST app to switch on/off although it’s not ‘working’ the sensors, but I haven’t played with the V keypad yet (getting late!). I look forward to having a play tomorrow. Cheers.

Just got my Konnected pack today. Unbelievable but works!
1) Using AUX power 13.V, no problem
2) Programmed zone 8 as keyswitch on Veritas app. Hint: use programmer code (default 1234), not your alarm code. Check Veritas Manual.

Now, the challenge will be to monitor alarm state. 
Andy, if you could share some instructions please? How you did you nail it?

Hi Andy, not to sure if my expectations of the system are too high! I believe I have now successfully set up key switch. But isn’t the Veritas supposed to be set/unset via ST’s app? I can get the sensors to register movement (as per photos), but with the app set to ‘arm’ the Veritas doesn’t go off. What am I missing? Other than the good sense not to have started!
No rush to reply, just grateful you’re getting back to me.
Thanks
Paul

Thanks to Andy I was put in the right direction.
I programmed the key switch as suggested. What I didn’t do was set the Key switch correctly on the Konnected app. In ‘manage zones’ I set the key switch to a zone number, in my case 5 to correspond with the zone on my Veritas. What should have done is set the key switch to the alarm/out zone. Once I’d done this all worked a treat.
I can now set/unset the alarm via the SmartThings app. I travel a lot so I’ve got two internal cameras set to an app. So if the alarm goes off I can verify whether it’s a fault or an intruder, and reset accordingly. Job sorted!!