No state changes seen in Home assistant

I set up Konnected today with the wiring from the pre-installed home security system in my house, which includes 2 motion sensors and multiple door sensors which are split into 10 zones.

I followed instructions as per the site.  I did not run into any apparent issues while installing - the wifi modules seemed to connect to my wifi just fine and show up as connected devices when I look at my router.

I configured in Home Assistant as per instructions as well.  The pertinent part of my config file is as below:

konnected:

api_host: http://192.168.86.133:8123

access_token: (deleted)

devices:

- id: bcddc282723e

binary_sensors:

- zone: 1

type: motion

name: 'Front Room Motion'

- zone: 2

type: motion

name: 'Living Room Motion'

- zone: 3

type: door

name: 'Front Door Sensor'

- zone: 4

type: window

name: 'Office'

- zone: 5

name: 'Mud Room Door'

- zone: 6

name: 'Living Office LF'

switches:

- zone: out

name: 'Siren'

- id: bcddc28270fe

binary_sensors:

- zone: 1

name: 'Basement'

- zone: 2

name: 'Garage'

- zone: 3

name: 'Dining'

- zone: 4

name: 'Living RS'

- zone: 5

name: 'zone 2-5'

- zone: 6

name: 'zone 2-6'

When I start home assistant, everything shows up appropriately (i.e, the binary sensors are present).  Everything is marked as closed however, and does not change when I open or close the doors, or walk in front of the motion sensors.

I saw recommendations to access the konnected device directly via the IP assigned by my router on port 23239, and tried this, but I cannot connect.  I have tried rebooting everything, from the konnected boards themselves to home assistant to my router, and nothing has helped.  

Has anyone had a similar problem, or have any ideas how I can fix it?

• I tried both - with API host in config and without.

BTW, I connected to the Konnected board just to see the device status and I have no Binary Sensors listed and nothing in the API location.  Not sure if that is correct or not.  

Also, not sure if others have had it, but the Konnected boards seem to drop wifi connectivity after a while.  I reset by pulling the power and it connects.  Not sure if related.

• don't know what to do at this point may return unit  

• Well I emailed Help on this and included this thread.  Perhaps someone will pick it up.  Really would like this to work.

• I posted this thread a while back but then figured out how to make it work and had not paid attention.  What solved my problem was to update the firmware on the Konnected boards through the process listed on the website.  I had assumed it was the latest version, but updating did fix my problem and it has worked flawlessly since, so give it a try if you haven't.

• I am having the same issue... I had Konnected working back a month ago (3 boards, 16 zones) with my existing sensors and hassio on a PI. Then I lost my SD hard in my PI due to heat. I got my PI running again with a new card and heat issue fixed.

Since I reinstalled hassio none of my sensors are detecting changes. I see them all listed in the dashboard but no state changes.

I would really like to understand how to debug this issue. How do I know if HA is talking to Konnected? 

Thanks.

• jprev, are you talking about this part - https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023470-flashing-konnected-firmware-software

I did that so I can setup the wireless.  It didn't come up as "Konnected" board, but some ESP..., but it was new on the WiFi, so I assumed it was that.  Since I couldn't change it as it was, I updated the firmware.

Thanks for checking the post.  I'm sure it's something I'm missing somewhere!

• That is what I was referring to, and was what solved the problem for me.  The board is an ESP8266 rebranded as a Konnected board, so that is the correct one.  Sorry the firmware update didn't help you!  It solved it for me and it has been working great since.

• Perhaps I need to flash again!  Worth a shot.  Something is wrong though.  I setup the new SmartThings hub and it's not seeing it either....after following the steps for Konnected/SmartThings.  

Thanks again....have a better one!

• I flashed the boards (wifi adapters) again - a few times -, reconfigured, and still no dice.  I had my wife open a door in the kitchen to see if the wifi would flash, and it did not.  It doesn't detect sensors.  

I also got SmartThings hub, went through the steps, no discovery.  In theory, it would discover with no sensors connected, correct?

I have two boards...I wouldn't think both would be bad, but who knows.

• Tod, Bill and for others having troubles with connections like me.  Sharing what Nate is having me try.  I'm still battling....

You may want to try some of our discovery troubleshooting steps here:

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023644-device-discovery-troubleshooting

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023786-device-debugging-with-screen

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023681-debugging-device-discovery-with-netdisco

I use a Mac at home, so the Network tool works on scanning.

Another option is to place the config in Hassio and forgo discovery.  Haven't tried that yet....just sharing.

• Same issue for me Konnected 2.2.7, Raspberry Pi running HASSIO 0.95.4

• This fixed my issue....

From Nate....

Make sure you enable discovery. HA changed the default and this is disabled by default now in the most recent version. Just add the following to your configuration.yaml:

discovery:

After adding this one line and rebooting my PI, all is well.

• I did add the discovery: line, but still a no-go for me.  Looks like I have something in either my AP, switch, router.  

Network setup - I have 

• Netgear C7000v2 cable modem/router
    • Aruba 2530 8 port POE switch
    • Older Netgear switch (since I'm using more than 8 ports) that plugs into the Aruba
    • Aruba AP 305 that receives power via POE from the 2530
    The Konnected boards - I see those on the AP via the web interface.  I also see them in the Netgear router having an IP.  
    Raspberry Pi running Hassio (0.95.4 or something like that) is wired into the Netgear.  I also have SmartThings wireless connected to the AP (did wired also at first).

Nate says I have a Discovery problem with the router, but not sure how the router fits in - everything is internal and only the default VLAN.  One subnet, one DHCP, one scope.  Anyway, uPNP is enabled on the C7000.  On the Aruba switch, I enabled IGMP just to see.  On the Aruba AP, I disabled the broadcast filter (it was enabled for ARP) and enabled multicast optimization.  Rebooted everything and still nothing.

I can see the Konnected boards and get to the status page.  Apparently you can put an entry into the configuration.yaml file to point to the IP addresses of the Konnected boards and bypass discovery, but I can't seem to find that.  I that's possible, I'll give it a shot....would be nice to have the same thing for ST.

Next try, setup a personal Hot-spot with my iPad, connect ST, Konnected, and phone into that and see what happens.  That should take my network out of the equation.  

• FYI, got it working with Hassio.  I added the host and port lines within the konnected: section...

konnected:

access_token: #!secret konnectedtoken

api_host: http://192.168.0.46:8123

devices:

- id: bcddc23125d3

host: "192.168.0.54"

port: "11220"

Now on to the next steps!  Hope this helps someone...

• I'm having the same issue. Konnected was working perfectly on Hassio for the last ~1year, until this morning I did a clean install. The only thing that I believe will have changed is that I am now running the latest version of Home Assistant, which is making me think a recent Home Assistant update might be to blame?

I've tried enabling discovery etc but no luck so far.

Login or Signup to post a comment