Sensors Only Show Open When All Open

Answered
Hi Everyone, So I install the 12s and system and split from my old eight zone system. However any zone where I have multiple sensors attached to that zone requires that all sensors be open for Home assistant to show the sensor open. In other words, if I have three windows on a zone, all three windows must be open for Home assistant to show the sensor as open if that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hello Chris,

Are you inserting all 3 sets of wires into the zone/ground connections? or making one big loop with 3 sensors?

• Hi Douglas,

I appreciate your response. I have all three sets of wires twisted together and placed into one zone/ground connector. I am not sure what is happening with it. HASS seems to be reading everything else correctly, but just not when I have the multiple wires into one zone, as I had wired on my old Concord board. 

I remove all other "ties" and end of line resistors. I am just not sure what to make of it. 

Thanks, 

Chris

• Try connecting them in series. Picture is just for reference. + and - doesn't matter.

Image result for connect in series

• Hi Douglas,

That is exactly the problem. I rewired everything in series and now the system works as expected. 

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!

• Glad I could help.

Login or Signup to post a comment