Sensors Only Show Open When All Open

Hi Everyone,

So I install the 12s and system and split from my old eight zone system. However any zone where I have multiple sensors attached to that zone requires that all sensors be open for Home assistant to show the sensor open.

In other words, if I have three windows on a zone, all three windows must be open for Home assistant to show the sensor as open if that makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Chris,

Are you inserting all 3 sets of wires into the zone/ground connections? or making one big loop with 3 sensors?

Hi Douglas,

I appreciate your response. I have all three sets of wires twisted together and placed into one zone/ground connector. I am not sure what is happening with it. HASS seems to be reading everything else correctly, but just not when I have the multiple wires into one zone, as I had wired on my old Concord board. 

I remove all other "ties" and end of line resistors. I am just not sure what to make of it. 

Thanks, 

Chris

Try connecting them in series. Picture is just for reference. + and - doesn't matter.

Image result for connect in series

Hi Douglas,

That is exactly the problem. I rewired everything in series and now the system works as expected. 

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!

Glad I could help.