Connecting a Temperature & Humidity sensor

Can you connect a Temperature & Humidity sensor to the Konnected Security panel? If so how do you connect it?

• @Matthew, 

I've been successful using AM2302 DHT22 Sensors to monitor Temperature and Humidity. 

The sensor requires VCC, GND and DAT connections. The VCC is a 5VDC and GND are found on the Konnected board and the DAT is a connection to a Zone on the Konnected board. The attached pictures should provide the information you need and are configured as follows: 

DHT22 Pin                  Konnected Pin

GND  <--- Black ---> GND       

VCC   <--- Red ----->  +5V

DAT   <--- Brn ------> Zone 1

-Greg

• Hi Greg,

Thanks for the above wiring pictures. Do you know whether the humidity sensor can be powered by an external 5v power supply rather than the Konnected board?

Thank you!

-Andrew

• @Andrew, I haven't attempted using an independent power supply but would suspect it should work. I'd give it a try and see. BTW the temperature sensor DHT22 can be powered with from 3.3 to 6 volts DC. -Greg
  • @Andrew, I haven't attempted using an independent power supply but would suspect it should work. I'd give it a try and see. BTW the temperature sensor DHT22 can be powered with from 3.3 to 6 volts DC. -Greg
  • Can the board be installed remotd away from the panel?  Say 50 feet?

• @Joey, Mounting the temperature sensor remotely shouldn't be a problem. There will be a voltage drop of the DC power in 50 foot of wire. But if you have a 5vdc power supply it should have more than adequate capacity to power to run the DHT22 sensor which can handle voltages as low as 3volts. -Greg
  • I've attempted to power a dht22 from an independent source and had no luck. Works fine on the security panel aux board but there isn't a 5v source on the main board. I'm using my two boards in separate locations and would like to be able to run sensors like these on both. Any suggestions? Also would like to be able to use multiple sensors like these. Can the single 5v source support multiple sensors?
Login or Signup to post a comment