Help Identifying Wires

Can anyone help me to get an idea what these leads are for? I had an unlabeled wire bundle that I just konnected up. I have 7 2-wire R/B connections and these remaining 4 bundles that I'm not sure what to do with!

Unfortunately, unless you know what they were originally attached to, you are out of luck... Do you have a pic of the original setup?

Thanks for the reply!

There wasn't a home security system before I moved in. They were just a wire bundle coming into the control panel box in a closet.  And all of the 2-wire sensors appear to be open ckt when all of my houses doors/windows are closed so they don't seem to be functioning how I'd assume they would.

I'm not sure what's going on, I'll probably will get a security contractor to come take a look at the sensors to see what I'm missing unless you have any ideas?

Thanks again.

You can try to hook them all up and open each window/door to see if there is a change in the app. The siren and motion detector are normally 4 wire cables, 2 for the power and 2 for the sensor/control. The normal setup is red/black for power, but it is not an official standard so you are at the mercy of the installer for wire setup.

Good Luck!!!

Right! I hooked up all of the 2-wire sensors to my konnected and wasn't seeing any change in state when I opened/closed doors/windows. This confused me so I took the multimeter to my sensors and started just trying to test the konnected with switches and determined that the konnected was working which led me back to my sensors malfunctioning. 

Given that these sensors have never been hooked up to a security system I'm suspect of them so now gonna call in backup.

You can test the sensors by using a DMM and putting it on the continuity setting where it will beep if there is continuity.  Or you can use the resistance setting to see if there is a closed circuit.  If you put it on continuity and touch the ends of the wires and there is no sound or does not show some continuity, then your sensor is not functioning.  It would be hard to believe that they would all not be working, but if an alarm was never installed, the sensors may never had been installed and you might just have wires at each door/window.  

I have a similar setup in my house. New build with pre-run wires for open/close sensors on doors and windows. I used a wire tracker like this hooked up to each wire pair to identify which window/door it was run to: https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-ET64220-Installers-Must-Have/dp/B00279JLBQ

The sensors were pre-installed, but no magnets in order to trigger them, so they'd always show up as open. I was then able to find some rare earth magnets at Home Depot with adhesive on the back that would trigger the door sensors. I found some magnets online that match my window sensors. Unfortunately the window magnets have been really hard to track down on most suppliers don't have great online shops, and have minimum order sizes so I'll most likely need to order way more than I need.

Good luck! I'd be curious to hear what a security contractor tells you for your case, if you end up going that route.

I have a similar setup in my house. New build with pre-run wires for open/close sensors on doors and windows. I used a wire tracker like this hooked up to each wire pair to identify which window/door it was run to: https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-ET64220-Installers-Must-Have/dp/B00279JLBQ

The sensors were pre-installed, but no magnets in order to trigger them, so they'd always show up as open. I was then able to find some rare earth magnets at Home Depot with adhesive on the back that would trigger the door sensors. I found some magnets online that match my window sensors. Unfortunately the window magnets have been really hard to track down on most suppliers don't have great online shops, and have minimum order sizes so I'll most likely need to order way more than I need.

Good luck! I'd be curious to hear what a security contractor tells you for your case, if you end up going that route.

Thanks, it ended up being the magnets that was the issue. I put adhesive on the doors and got them to work. Thanks for the help!