Fitting Konnected alongside existing alarm system?

I love the idea of Konnected, but I'm not sure I'm fully on board with replacing my existing alarm system. Backing off control of my alarm to my sometimes flakey instance of Home Assistant and losing stuff like the tamper alarms in the existing system are some trade offs too far for me I think.

However I was wondering if it was possible to install Konnected along side the existing system? Is there a wiring layout that would allow Konnected to function in tandem with the existing system? Ideally to give connected full access to all of the zones and the ability to trigger the alarm? Even better if it's possible to fully integrate the two and let Konnected arm / disarm the existing alarm (although from what I've seen so far that doesn't look possible?).

Cheers!

There are a few people that have reverse engineered a few things but nothing official. However, we are in beta on a product that will piggyback on your system and keep in place the keypads and monitoring. So far betas look really good. And we hope to have it to available by this fall.

I'd be super interested in this any public information on the beta?

Same here, I have a fairly new system that I would like to keep in place, nothing antiquated or outdated, but would like to still monitor myself remotely and have it hardwired with a cat connection.

I didn’t find a way to do this in parallel but I did get it to work by going through konnected first and having smartthings (I’m sure you can use home assistant) tell the old alarm what is happening. Additional information is in the topic: Smartthings/Konnected feeding an existing system

Any updates on this new product? I'd also like to keep my existing ADT system in place.

It is currently in production. We should start pre-sales in a few weeks. And it should ship in October!

Sweet! Any details on it? Pricing?

Soon. Watch for an announcement on the blog and FB.

That sounds great.  I was getting ready to buy the 12 zone kit but was not sure if it was the way I wanted to go.  I will wait to see what comes out.  I would rather keep my wired system as it is and use Konnected to run it if that is what's coming.  Thanks!  

+1 for excitement!

Are there any updates on this? My system monitoring is due to expire in 30 days. Waiting anxiously on the new product!!

They are being manufactured currently. We should announce pricing, availability, pre-order, and shipping very soon.

I am very interested in this as well. I am just looking to pickup status of my wired sensors to further automate my home, but want to keep my keypads and central monitoring.

I plan to join the Konnected customer team. I, like many, have an older system hard wired system and would like to continue using a hardwired keypad as we have older parents residing with us that are not tech savvy. They would be unable to control the security system using an app. If I'm not mistaken that is what this blog is referring too? Having viewed the well produced YouTube video it appears as though I can not currently wire my existing keypad into the Konnected motherboard thereby creating a hybrid wireless/wired system. Is that correct? 

Thank You for any insight.  :  )

Daniel R.

Anything new yet?

Is this new system ready for pre-order yet?

I would love to have this as well. I am not ready for a full conversion but working alongside would be ideal.  

I like the idea of being able to use the old wired keypads. ( maybe even just jumped off the old system, so both could work) I just don't like the idea of the entire system running off the internet. If I loose power ( meaning the entire neighborhood, as I am on a generator) The ATT main station looses power and I know from experience there's no internet anywhere. So my alarm would not be able to communicate with the wireless tablets and no way to disarm this, also my Grandkids and older adults that have trouble with the computer, would be unable to use this new technology.

Last I heard from Nate orders go live in December.