Konnected sensors and switches multiplying

I've wired up my Konnected board to my alarm panel wiring, connected it to my Wifi and I'm running Hassbian on a Rasberry Pi 3B+ with HA 0.71.0

It all seems to work, except that over time HA ends up with duplicate entities for the sensors and switches for the Konnected board, with all of the Konnected board's configured sensors/switches duplicated the same number of times at any given time. At present there's 7 of all of them.

For example I have a sensor for a downstairs PIR called binary_sensor.downstairs, and at present there is also a binary_sensor.downstairs2, binary_sensor.downstairs3, binary_sensor.downstairs4...you get the idea.

I assume that this is something to do with HA on the Pi and the Konnected board losing each other and re-establishing connection/discovery without removing the old entities? Has anyone else experienced this?

This isn't happening to the other devices HA knows about (e.g. Chrome Casts etc).

Any help much appreciated - I've trawled around for answers to this and come up empty.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue.  Did you find a resolution yet?  

No sorry, but it is nice to know I'm not alone!

What is your setup? Raspberry Pi and Hassbian?

Raspberry Pi

What HA version are you using? I have used 0.70.1 and 0.71.0 and they both had the same issue. I'm thinking of trying (because I can't think of anything else) upgrading the firmware on the Konnected board and trying Hass.io instead of Hassbian.

Are you using Hassbian? I am rather than Hass.io because I'm using a Pi 3B+ which isn't supported by Hass.io...yet. But I can try it on a desktop machine instead to see if that's the issue.

Any other suggestions I'm happy to try. I'm also curious - if anyone out there reads this that doesn't have this problem, can you let us know what your setup is? i.e. Hassbian vs Hass.io, HA version, HA machine hardware...etc?

Hassiban 73.0. There is a 73.1 that I might install tonight to see if this helps. I was also going to update the firmware on konnected as well over the weekend to see if that helps.

BTW, does your wireless connection keep disconnecting?  

I’m not sure how to tell with the konnected board, but I did have trouble connecting it initially and had to connect to its WiFi directly and reconfigure its WiFi connection a few times.
I had wondered if the issue is that HA loses and rediscovers the konnected board and each time creates new entities. But surely it is expected this will happen from time to time in normal operation and must be accounted for or this issue would be super common.
The only other thing I can think of is I have 2 wifi access points set up with the same SSID and security, just to improve coverage in my house. I wondered if this is possibly the konnected board swapping access points? Or even swapping 2.4 and 5 GHz?
What’s your wifi setup?

I updated the konnected software and firmware to 2.2.1 last night and updated HA to 73.1 as well as assigned a static ip to my konnected device in my network and it has been stable for the last 12 hours and has not created duplicate sensors.   I believe it kept getting a new ip address and therefore HA kept finding a new device and assigning a new id.  Ill check back in a couple days to let you know how its going.  

Awesome thanks, I’ll try the same.

Actually, I've just set up a static IP for the Konnected board and left everything else the same to see if that isolates the problem.

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I think this problem could only be caused if the Konnected device is changing IP addresses over time. Check your router's DHCP lease time, or better, assign a static IP address to the Konnected devices so it never changes.

Is there a way to assign a static IP on the konnected board? When I assign a fixed IP on my router for my konnected Mac address the konnected board will not connect

A permanent DHCP lease for the konnected board sorted the problem for me.
Nate, maybe that could be added to the getting started instructions to prevent others having this issue?

Dan, there's no way of assigning a static IP on the Konnected device itself (short of modifying the code in init.lua). Your router should be able to assign a fixed IP address via DHCP.

Thats what I was trying to do but when I mark the konnected devices as fixed it does not connect.  I have cisco meraki as my Wireless infrastructure.  

I disabled igmp snooping and assigned a fixed ip and it seems to be working now..

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023644-device-discovery-troubleshooting

ill check back in a few days with any updates.  

This does not seem to be working.  It seems that when homeassistant updates pin configuration and sends back to konnected it wipes out the network settings configuration on the konnected board.  Any ideas?  

This error code "201" is indicating "NO_AP_FOUND". Is "konnected-io" the name of your wifi network?

A list of the WiFi error codes are here: https://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/master/en/modules/wifi/#wifieventmonreason

the Konnected does not store any network settings other than the WiFi SSID and password. Each time it reboots it will request an IP address from the DHCP server. The wifi settings are never wiped automatically.

That  makes sense but something is happening because everytime i update sensors on homeassistant it sends those 3 files to the konnected board and then does not connect to wifi.  I can reboot the connected device all day long but as soon as I update a sensor on homeassistant it does not connect to wifi.

thoughts?