Trouble with open/closed sensor readings

Hi. I’ve gone through the set up and am having trouble with the status of my doors. They seem to be stuck to read as open on the SmartThings app. They do not change their reading when I open and close the doors. Not sure what I’ve done wrong. Anyone have a similar problem?
  • Hi Peter,

I did find a solution.  Nate was awesome at troubleshooting the issues with me. In a nutshell, the wiring is correct.  In fact, i have 4 motion PIRs, all setup for tamper except the test motion PIR which i pictured (i rewired and removed the tamper as it wasn't working and at the time, i figured that was the issue - in my case, i was wrong). In my setup, the fault lay with my SmartThings hub not updating. As i am not in USA, my github integration didn't work correctly and did not correctly update. my device handlers etc. I had to delete the SMartApps completely and reinstall them manually by copy and paste.

Follow this link: 

https://konnected.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/32000022410

A good way to check if your Konnected alarm setup is actually working (i.e. not hardware faults, etc) is to observe the NodeMCU module....does the blue light blink when the motion PIRs are tripped? If it does, start looking at ST being the possible culprit.

•  Hello...in my case I have about 8 zones from the old system.  Only one of those is a motion detector.  Nothing was labeled and the old system had been removed.I have some pins that show closed and some that show open.  There were no resistors on the board end of the wires, the sensor end are in the walls so I can't check.

•  Hello...in my case I have about 8 zones from the old system.  Only one of those is a motion detector.  Nothing was labeled and the old system had been removed.I have some pins that show closed and some that show open.  There were no resistors on the board end of the wires, the sensor end are in the walls so I can't check.

• I am having the same problem as above. The points show up on  my mobile app but do not change status when I open/close the contacts. The alarm/siren works when I toggle it on-off but there is a long delay when I toggle it from on to off...... (wife "WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW")? My assumption is that my issue is with Smart Things not Konnected. 

I did exactly what Rusty Logan suggested and get no results. When I attempt to Refresh the app and device handlers from Update from Repo. button the boxes do not populate with the drivers, etc. as it did the first time I did the install. Is this normal? All three categories, "obsolete", "conflicted", "new" have no entries. I click publish and then execute - the results says updated 0 devices and created 0 devices, 0 published .

I do not see a way to uninstall/ remove/ app and device handlers to start over. I'm stuck - ANY advise will be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

MC

• I still have this problem also. I never resolved it so I just used ecolink sensors.

Now I have moved on to Hubitat from Smartthings and still have the problem with contact sensors. When I open the door I see the light blink on the Konnected module. But nothing shows on my Hubitat dashboard.

• Has anyone come up with a long term resolve here?

My sensors work fine for awhile, then one will get stuck open, then another...

Eventually I wipe everything out on the hub and start over only to go through the same thing a few days later.

This is not what I signed up for, and with 20 zones, I'm losing hope of a solution that is tenable.

Brett

Login or Signup to post a comment