Siren not sounding

Anyone else have issues with their siren not sounding?  Siren tested fine with the old ADT panel, I switched everything over to my new Konnected boards and when I trigger the siren it makes one empty dud sound.   I have them each connected to the Alarm + and Alarm - screw terminals on the main panel.   

Have you checked to make sure it isn't just a speaker? Take a look at this article with some of the troubleshooting steps - https://docs.konnected.io/security-alarm-system/troubleshooting/siren-static

The good news is that a replacement siren is inexpensive and available.

Thanks Andy! You were absolutely right.  Nothing by static.  I ordered the honeywell as a replacement.  Can't beat an $8 fix!

Awesome! I picked it up because I had the same issue. Works great and plenty loud. I also hid my buzzer in the enclosure. Glad it worked for you!

I had the same thing for mine. I went a different route and picked up a siren driver instead. As it turns out, the board failed on me, and now I have no siren - Guess I'm off to get an $8 siren myself! :-)

Hello, can I use this siren? For what is the yellow wire? It’s cutted in my old installation.

Thanks!

I'm gonna say - probably. I'd test it off the alarm out on the main board. Just hook up the black/red wires coming from the siren. It looks like the yellow may be unused. If not the one listed above is a great, affordable alternative.

Ok, I'll test it when I receive my konnected board. If it doesn't work I'll buy the one listed above.

Thanks!!

Hello, just say that my siren works perfectly. Thanks.

A newbie question - is the the Wave2 a siren for indoor or outdoor use?  I need indoor and I presume that outdoor ones are far too loud.

Chris

Chris - the Wave2 is an indoor siren

Thanks, Nate.  Soon I will have it all working.  Now to choose a good - non-techy, wife-friendly, good looking - cut-off switch so she can silence it if I'm not here without having to navigate what she would call "yet another" screen.

Just received my Wave2 siren, but I have to admit that I haven't found the resource that tells me where to connect the 12v siren on the main alarm board or the extender. I bet I'm missing something. Can you help?  And then I want to configure it to trigger when the smoke alarms are triggered (I think I figured out how to do that in SmartThings hub)

You just need to connect the 2 wires to the Alarm +/- on the main Alarm board (G goes to negative / #1 or #2 goes to positive - can't remember which one). You will need to set the Alarm Out zone for a siren/strobe. And you will set up the alerts using SmartHome Monitor. 

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000022621-wiring-a-siren

Andy, thanks.

Argh, just discovered that while the detectors I checked  (in the 1992 vintage house I bought, not built) are 4-wire, not 2-wire, so I'm out of luck!

(It's still a bit of mystery how they are interconnected, but nonetheless, they are there)

It's been a real adventure.

Using the YELLOW wire on the intellisense will make a single tone alarm sound

Using the RED wire will make a siren that varies between 1.3-1.8kHz as shown on the sticker.

Apparently you have to choose one.

Thanks!! I'll test it

My siren terminal does not get any power when the sensors are opened. It tested OK when applying 12V from the aux terminal. Nor do I get any alerts pushed to my phone unless sensors are open when arming the system.  Does this have anything to do with SmartThings?

Phone alerts work after rebooting SmartTings but still no siren.

Lars you know you have to set up rules or smart apps to make the siren sound