Solved

Anyone else have issues with their siren not sounding?  Siren tested fine with the old ADT panel, I switched everything over to my new Konnected boards and when I trigger the siren it makes one empty dud sound.   I have them each connected to the Alarm + and Alarm - screw terminals on the main panel.   

• Have you checked to make sure it isn't just a speaker? Take a look at this article with some of the troubleshooting steps - https://docs.konnected.io/security-alarm-system/troubleshooting/siren-static

The good news is that a replacement siren is inexpensive and available.

• Thanks Andy! You were absolutely right.  Nothing by static.  I ordered the honeywell as a replacement.  Can't beat an $8 fix!

• Awesome! I picked it up because I had the same issue. Works great and plenty loud. I also hid my buzzer in the enclosure. Glad it worked for you!

• I had the same thing for mine. I went a different route and picked up a siren driver instead. As it turns out, the board failed on me, and now I have no siren - Guess I'm off to get an $8 siren myself! :-)

• Hello, can I use this siren? For what is the yellow wire? It’s cutted in my old installation. Thanks!
  • I'm gonna say - probably. I'd test it off the alarm out on the main board. Just hook up the black/red wires coming from the siren. It looks like the yellow may be unused. If not the one listed above is a great, affordable alternative.

• Ok, I'll test it when I receive my konnected board. If it doesn't work I'll buy the one listed above.

Thanks!!

Login or Signup to post a comment