My First Konnected Board

This is my first Konnected setup - for my garage in Ireland, which is now mounted and functional.

Simon, 

Very nice configuration and build out of the Konnected DIY modules. Depending on how critical this system is you may want to consider adding a Backup Battery to your DIY, Smart Hub and Router to ensure continuous coverage with power outages. 

-Cheers, 

Yes. I've just posted a picture of it mounted.  With it's backup battery.  The SmartThings hub and router are on a UPS.  My ASUS 4G-AC55U router is connected to the Internet using mobile broadband (connected to a 4G aerial on a TV mast on my roof) - it has a fallback 4G router should the SIM fail for any reason (like running out of credit, which it has done before).

This board is the first of three at my house in Ireland (I also live in Illinois).  Board I'm working on now is getting wired to a set of Taxex/Pulnix IR beams that surround the house and were user (long time ago) to warn of anyone approaching.  I have got the beams working again and their outputs are now going onto another Konnected panel so that I can get ST to do stuff if anyone approaches.

After that the old wired alarm system in the house is getting replaced by a Konnected system, but I'm waiting on my new boards to arrive before I start on that.

Here that second picture again......

Simon, 

I'm intrigued by your IR beam sensors. You mentioned Taxex/Pulnix IR beams ... all I could find with a quick search online was TAKEX PULNIX Sensors and the price was a bit sporty for my blood. Do you have any knowledge on alternate less expensive IR TX/RX sensors for outdoor use?

Thanks, 

@Greg Gordon

Garage door opener sensors could work but they don't do so well in the sun.

@Simon J. Burke

I don't see your second photo. What is connected to your relay module? I have the same one and I'm looking to fill the 4th slot.

I see my second picture still didn't turn up.  These IR sensors were installed over 20 years ago by previous owners, who had a high security requirement - so I inherited them.  Some time ago I looked them up and I saw there were pricy - but on eBay there were some that were not too bad, so I thought that if I needed spare parts I'd go there - in the end to get them running again I just needed a new PSU and a new backup battery - exactly the same as the 12V PSU and battery setup that's  in an alarm panel.  The beams operate at two different levels, so a dog or fox etc won't trigger them - both levels need to be broken at the same time to trigger.  So a person, car or a deer would do the trick.  Each sensor aims at another identical one, two sets of sensors are probably about 125 to 150 feet apart.  So they form a big triangle around the house.

That sounds awesome! I would love to make my basement into a Mission Impossible style game!

Here we go again - it was 5MB - maybe too big - so I've reduced it down.

I didn't have the relay module connected up when I took this pic - it's currently only connected to the Alarm Bell.

Don't know why my 2nd picture won't appear - Nate?

We fixed the problem with the attachments not showing. Sorry!

No Problem.....